What my students have to say....

When I asked my students to describe their first class, this is what some of them had to say.... We all have a different experience at our first class, many of us would say it changes you, touches you, and connects you in new ways! Hope to see you in class, goddesses!
  • It was such a great experience that I kept coming back! I was asked to come, so I showed up one morning to be nice. I enjoyed myself immensely. That one hour class included aerobics, focusing on body movements, energizing music, and a group of encouraging women enjoying that time together. Not to mention ending the class stretched out on a yoga mat listening to calming music in the dark. (Adelle)
  • I was lost and felt awkward but loved it anyways (Abigail)
  • I don't recall many specific details, but I do remember that there were women of all shapes, sizes and ages. I felt safe, joyful and free. (Melanie)
  • Exciting and challenging - the more I learn, the more I realize I have to learn! (Lesli)
  • Very welcoming & accepting of all skill levels, by the end of class I felt empowered and proud of my womanly curves ( and what having babies has done to my body) I felt totally accepted as I was and the next day i had sore abs- so thats good (Jennifer)
  • My first class was fun! I belly dance because it feels like having a conversation with no words. Dance is a language that needs no translation. I love this primal form of expression and the bond I feel with my troupe. (Lauren)
  • It was something MAGICAL walking into the studio meeting my teacher for the first time. Her smile and aura were so captivating, that I knew I would be in for the rest of my natural born life. I already had previous dance experience, from ballet to hip-hop, as well as being an ice skater and a gymnast; so, therefore, it felt natural. Well, until the leg squats began. Just kidding. I'm in it to win it, but also, to keep my ethos alive and share my love for dance and music. (Rickey)
  • I had seen Bellydancing before and was excited to try. it was a point in my life when my health was not the best and I was out of shape and feeling not in my body, and being able to jump in from where I was, and enjoy the gentleness of the movements but at the same time start to get back in touch with my core and major muscle groups was great, and motivated me to heal and strengthen. (Komal)
  • It was just my friend and I in a new intro class taught by my good friend Amae Amani, and she knew that neither of us had a dance background, so we just took our time stretching, feeling out the music and goofing off, frankly. The goal of that class was to instill the proper "chest-lifted, hips tucked" stance and to begin teaching us about what a rich history these movements connect us to when we dance them. (Diana)
  • my thoughts entire class are my hips may be fused together and there is no way they are going to move like that. But I must come back for more!!! (Tammy)
  • My first belly dancing class in Egypt left me with a whole new appreciation for belly dancers. I was confident in my ability to move and dance, especially because I am a 4th degree blackbelt and I am just always dancing. However, by the end of my first class I knee that I would never be able to move like the instructor could without some serious dedication and practice. My first class with Karla was very similar, but the difference was that by the end of my class, I couldn't wait to come back - I knew that I was only going to get better from there (Karla's class really gave me the hope and confidence that I can get there one day)! (Jess)
  • It was really challenging, but in a way that made me want to work at getting better. (Mara)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking to 2024!

Moulin Rouge Belly Dance Cabaret Show

Come Shimmy with us!